Grief and bereavement can feel unbearable and overwhelming. When we lose loved people or pets, we not only grieve losing their presence, but we also grieve losing the impact and roles they had in our lives.
I recognize that there are multiple ways that individuals experience and express grief, including differences in burial customs, various beliefs about an afterlife, and duration of mourning. I respectfully help you to move through grief in a consistent manner with your beliefs and customs.
Common symptoms of grief include:
- Sorrow or feelings of sadness
- Sleeping more or less than usual
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Feeling numb, guilty, or angry
- Believing that you are going “crazy”
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of yourself or others dying
- Excessive feelings of worthlessness
- Intrusive and uncontrollable thoughts about the deceased
The saying, “Time can heal all wounds,” is true for some people in some circumstances. However, it is not always the case. Whether you are anticipating losing a loved one or have been grieving for a short time or multiple years, I can help you to find the peace, comfort, and acceptance that you deserve.
Please call for a free, confidential consultation today 970-286-7856.